July 31, 2009

The love affair continues...

So as I said, I have now been doing Crossfit for just over 3 months. I am still enjoying myself as much today as I was the day I started and I plan to continue this lifestyle as far as I can see. It is so motivational to get better, increase you PR's, decrease your times, look better, feel better, recover faster. I have nothing but good things to say about this program. Becoming involved in Crossfit has completely changed my life, I am now one of "those people" who I used to envy. The people who show up at the grocery store at 8pm still in their workout clothes to buy water, fruits & vegetables. It feels great to be a part of the hated!
This is the first program that has encouraged me to make changes in other areas of my life as well. I have been a part of the Paleo Challenge (thanks to L & Melissa Byers) for about 17 days. Prior to this, diet had become a huge concern of mine and I was Google'ing my heart out to learn as much as I could. I had cut grains & sugar on my own, than proceeded to cut legumes & dairy as well after joining the Challenge. At this point, I no longer feel as though I am on a "diet" or part of a "Challenge", I feel normal. My mind instinctively chooses the fruit over the candy bar. My eyes pass right over the Dunkin' Donuts at work. D (the boyfriend) eats his Lucky Charms, Garlic Bread & Hot Dogs, I eat Macadamia Nuts, Ham and Eggs & Mashed Cauliflower. And, mine tastes just as good, if not better!! I'm not going to lie and say I have no desire to eat crap ever again. My 30 days of eating 100% clean are up the day I arrive in Ireland (August 15). I plan on being 90% Paleo in my day to day life, but I will be enjoying a pint (or half pint!) of Guiness. One day, I will eat ColdStone. Protein shakes will be consumed, though I plan on swapping out the regular milk for coconut milk. This is a lifestyle change, but it should not prevent you from treating yourself once in awhile. Treat yourself too much, and you will pay the consequences yourself.

No comments: