September 2, 2009

100 Burpee Challenge

I searched and looked and dug and scoured but I cannot find a "Count Up" gadget to add to my blog, which means everyone participating will be responsible for remembering which day we are on in-between updates. I will help you out this time around, we are on day 1! That means 1 burpee, chest to ground at the bottom, air under your feet at the top. If you are unsure what a burpee is supposed to look like, please refer here.
I don't remember where I first read about the 100 Burpee challenge, but it amuses me that the comments that follow always seem to be along the lines of "So easy!" and "I could do that no problem!" My response? Ha! Have your forgotten that burpees suck? And this is doing burpees everyday, for 100 days, and doing 1 additional burpee each consecutive day. YUCK!
That being said, here are some rules that were created by Crossfit Santa Cruz when they did their 100 Burpee Challenge:

1. You can complete each day's burpees all at once, or broken up and done at different times throughout the day
2. If for some reason you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed burpees the following day
3. If you don't start the challenge with us today, you can "buy-in" at any time by doing ALL the missed day's burpees on your first day
4. Any burpees you complete during your regular workout can count towards that day’s Challenge burpees, if you want them to
5. Have fun doing burpees and getting stronger doing it!

Post your whining, complaints and bragging to the comments. I will update every 3-5 days to remind us where we are at and keep the motivation coming. I'm so excited to have a group participating in this challenge and cannot wait until Dec. 10 for 100 burpees!

13 comments:

PE4CHY said...

Day 1/ Burpee 1: DONE

The Proper Peach said...

Do Slurpee's count?

PE4CHY said...

Day 2/ Burpee 2: done

It was a little harder today (but still a breeze) since I did them after completing an awesome workout.

Anonymous said...

Day 4 on the BC and going strong! Yes, this is easy until we're on day 50! By that time I'm going to love burpees! I know it!

My goal is to not break them up, even on day 75.

Great idea Tyler!

lynnmeast said...

hmmm. looks interesting. do belchies count?

Tyler said...

I just got back from Havasupai and caught up on days 4, 5 & 6 in my living room!! I will be updating the blog tomorrow!! Keep on going!! :)

Anonymous said...

I had to catch up today and do 25 burpees since I slacked over the holiday weekend. Not too bad even after our WOD. Doing the burpees is definitely easier if you don't miss the days.

Susan

Tyler said...

Good Job, Susan! We'll have to start doing them after class together so none of us skip any days! :)

Anonymous said...

I am no longer a member of the Tribe (not by choice) so I will continue with the Burpee Challenge with you if you don't mind. Burpees then a run and it felt pretty good!

Susan

PE4CHY said...

Still going on the burpees. The last two days they have been included in the workouts and since I'm not trying to be a superstar - I'm not doing them as extras!! 65 burpees on Wednesday and 25 on Thursday. Too bad there isn't a burpee-bank for future days. Whoohoo! 11 burpees today - awesome. We have 15 people at BodyFocusFitness participating - it's a really neat thing. Good idea Tyler. Keep at it everyone.

Anonymous said...

I missed another day yesterday and so I'll be making it up today. 80 burpees on Thur at work-out which gave me an idea of how things are going to look closer to the 100 days! We're in for some challenging days in Nov! Whoo-hoo! I'm trying to talk my son into it, but he's not buying it since he doesn't want to do the make-up. Good luck everyone!

S

PE4CHY said...

Thank goodness the burpees have been included in the last two night's workouts 'cause I don't think I could have given any more!!

Tyler said...

So far, so good for me! Feel free to comment on the most recent post re: burpees. That way you don't have to keep going back to this one :) I will mention the challenge in each post so it is ok!! :)